Sunday, January 20, 2008

Yeah!! and a template



Whoo Hoo! I nailed exposure on the first shot posted here! I posted SOOC first, then edited. Amazing how little you have to edit a nice exposure! I'm definitely feeling more comfortable with the lighting. I need to work on consistency now (and working faster!). I did another "shoot" tonight of Daddy and Kylie for a mock up of the Father Daughter dance photos I've been hired to do. I overexposed a bit.. so yes, still working on consistency.

I'm going to practice taking down and setting up the lights this week so that I can get some practice with getting everything right.

So, I continue to work on exposure.... I've also been working on focus a bit. That seems easier for me to get. I'm looking forward though to experimenting with some different apertures working with focus and exposure.... I think that will be next on my agenda! Easier to do outside, however with temps in the negatives that's not happening any time soon!

4 comments:

mindi said...

Yay for you!
Love the daddy/daughter shot. Adorable!

Robyn said...

Thanks Mindi! :-)

Brandy Young said...

These look great Robyn!
I so want to get lights!

Robyn said...

Thanks Brandy! It's been (and continues to be) a long learning curve, but worth it! Especially in MN where we can't shoot outdoors this time of year!