Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Natural light



I took "gobs" (for those wondering it really is a technical word!) of picts yesterday, however didn't have time to post any. I guess that will carry me when I don't have time to get the camera out! I did some indoor natural light and some outdoor in the snow. I learned a lot!

So, the shot today is of our oldest. He was the one who cooperated the most... I have another of one of the other boys, but I don't like the composition and couldn't figure out a way to crop it well... so just this one for today! I got A LOT of red in his face... also a bit of a green cast from the walls. He was on our bed facing a good sized window. I think I took care of the color casts... but I'm still working on that!

Settings were:

50mm
ss 125
f 2.5
ISO 400

The only thing I really don't like again is the composition. I wish I had moved his eyes up to the upper part of the frame.... oh well.... I like the shot anyway.

6 comments:

Brandy Young said...

Oh what a cutie!
I like this one...his eyes are so neat!

Robyn said...

Thanks Brandy! I have always loved his eyes!

kristykh said...

They look good! Good luck with the dance pictures. Looks like you'll do great!

Mollie said...

hardly see a color cast. great job!
~molliekphotography~

mindi said...

I don't see a color cast either - I think this looks really good!

Robyn said...

Thanks everyone! I'm actually getting excited for the dance now that I am more confident I can get good lighting! Ah... learning under pressure... my forte!