Saturday, March 22, 2008

My brain hurts!


**very poorly exposed image to start**


**my fix**

I went to the library (by myself!) yesterday so I got to look at "big people books" :-) I have three new books to study (plus a couple more coming in that I ordered). I've been studying a text by Lee Varis called Skin. It is **amazing!!** It took me two nights to figure this technique out, but I think I have it! It's teaching me color correction, based on skin tones using curves. I played with a very poorly exposed image (I'm sure it would have gone faster with a well exposed one!) to see what I could do. I think the result is pretty good! It also gives me another idea of how to get my white background. I just have to figure out if I can make an action or something because it would be quite tedious for a session. Anyway, my brain hurts! It's time to watch "Heroes". Hubby and I are into that show now. We can watch in on Netflix for free! Gotta love free entertainment! We're both hooked! Glad we have a LOT to catch up on as we're practically watching one/night! :-)

2 comments:

Jill said...

"Heroes" is a great show! I think your background looks good on your edit, I may have to get that book myself, I have trouble with skin tones too =)

Anonymous said...

It's funny you mentioned Netflix and Heroes, we just started with Netflix and got rid of our cable and yesterday we figured out we can watch Heroes directly on Netflix website. Wonderful.

Your edit is really great! I have issues with yellow and or red skin tones. It's a hassle.