Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Back to the studio...






I jumped back into the studio today after playing with my flash for a couple of days. I had a willing subject over today so she helped me out! I'm experimenting some more! I think I figured out I like using the two light set up. I have the main behind the diffusion panel and the fill bounced into an umbrella. I tried 2 of hubby's work lights on the backdrop to try and blow the white, but it didn't work (lights weren't bright enough) so I ended up having to PS the white. Not something I want to do all the time, but once in a while it's okay. I am either going to look for brighter work lights or wait and save up for another light for the background. Today I mounted my reflector on my ceiling to try to get a "hair light" for my low key lighting. I think it's an improvement. My little model was perfect today because she has dark hair and I **think** it stands out a bit from the background not making her "one" with the background! I had fun playing today. The light is coming easier to me. It feels good to accomplish something! I know I still have a long way to go, but I feel like I'm at least at the point where I can shoot other people's kids and won't feel completely embarrassed with the outcome! I got another order for additional prints from the dance today! Nice to see those coming in!

3 comments:

mindi said...

I think your lights look good - yay for you and the orders!!

Jill said...

Lighting looks great!

kristykh said...

I like it! Definitely nothing to be embarrassed about. They are looking good.