Sunday, February 17, 2008

Still playing with diffusion panel!







And a black and white for fun!

What a couple of weeks! Haven't gotten here much! So, the Father/Daughter shoot went well! I was so blessed to have my admin assistant! Without her it would have been a disaster!!! I will post some images soon. I need to get the photo releases from my assistant... I do have to admit, I enjoy sessions much more. It was challenging to build a raport in a few minutes... especially with the young ones! I rather felt like an assembly line. Good experience though!

So, I'm still playing with my diffusion panel. I think this is the closest I've gotten. It's a bit overexposed so I've turned down the lights a bit since I took these. My meter is invaluable. SO much easier!!! I'm thinking the lighting here is a bit flat. I think I need to move my reflector. Anyway... my children are only up for posing so much... they are really sick of it right now! Maybe I need a manequin child!

All these photos are straight out of camera... nothing done but resizing. I think I'll try and shoot a few more... knock the light down just a shade and try again. I think I got rid of the yellow cast by getting closer exposure.... thinking of painting the walls gray.

6 comments:

mindi said...

I think everything looks good! Can't wait to see the father/daughter pics!

Robyn said...

Thanks Mindi! I have them edited... I just know that there was one Dad who didn't sign the model release and with my luck it would be the ONE that I put up! They weren't overly exciting as it was a quick in and out deal, but like I said, it was good experience!

DH is building me a framed diffusion panel now that I think I'm pretty much "there" with the lighting. I'm excited to schedule some PB sessions! Haven't done a session for awhile....

Jill said...

I don't know anything about studio lighting, but I think everything looks great =) Your SOOC pictures are really good!

Robyn said...

Thanks Jill... I'm still not happy with my color... when I use a color correction software I can see a big difference... I'm starting to wonder if the green walls are creating a problem for me... I just don't have the energy to paint right now though!

Teri said...

Your bys are so cute, great shots of them.

Robyn said...

Thanks Teri! I'm going to have to start bribing them though... they aren't as willing as they used to be!