Friday, April 11, 2008

More composites and enlargements!





Wow, it's been awhile since I've been on! Even though the weather has no idea it's spring, I guess our schedule has picked up as it does in spring! I'm still waiting to get out of the mid 30's so I can go out shooting.... we've had wonderful, diffuse, overcast light... however not much fun to shoot in 30 degree weather!

So, not much camera action this week. However, I decided it's time to order some prints to start showing some work in studio. (well, at least the walls outside the studio) So, these are the prints I ordered today... I've never ordered enlargements so we'll see how they turn out.... I really wanted to do a 20x20 of our 4 kids, but I couldn't find any photos of each of them that went together to create the square... so that one has to wait! I got a couple 11x14, a 10x20 and a 16x20.... I got them all mounted and sprayed so I don't have to frame them since I can't for the life of me figure out good frames and I really want the focus on the photos, not the frames anyway....

The first one was actually taken by hubby.... I just love it so much (it's our youngest) that I'm going to put it up even though I didn't take it! He said that was okay!

I got contacted by someone from the father/daughter dance I shot to do a sitting. Fun to start to get "strangers" calling me. I'm out of town though for 1/2 the weekend she wants so we'll see if that comes through. I have actually 2 more shoots besides that one scheduled this month! I think that's the most I've ever had in a month. It's always nice when God provides instead of me "forcing" the issue.... if I just take it as it comes I don't have to stress out over whether I should be doing more/less.... what a hobby should be, right... fun and not stressful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love the last one with the girl in the yellow! Congrats on the business coming your way =)

mindi said...

Very nice - congratulations on the business!! Fun fun, doing enlargements for the studio!

kristykh said...

I also love the girl in yellow! Those look great! Congrats on all the success!